- About PEC
The Punjab Education Commission functions to:
- Design, develop, implement, maintain, monitor and evaluate a system of examination for elementary education.
- Formulate policies and programs for conducting examinations.
- Collect data from research in order to improve curricula and teaching methodology.
- Recommend strategies for capacity building of the teachers and educationists that in turn would improve the assessment system of students.
- Identify the areas where improvement in training of the teachers or educationists is required.
- Promote public discussions on issues pertaining to elementary education.
- Advise the Government on all policy matters relating to the objectives of the Commission.
- Approve annual research program and annual budget of the Commission.
- Perform functions that may be ancillary to its functions, or as may be prescribed or as may be assigned by the Government.
The Commission may further:
- Issue instructions or guidelines to a local Government for data collection and conduct of an examination of elementary education.
- Register students for the purpose of examination of elementary education and maintain their data.
- Conduct and outsource research in the sphere of an examination of elementary education.